New USPS Ruling that Advances EnvyPak’s Automation Letter Rate Approval,
Adding Features That Provide Additional Savings
Postage reduced up to 54.6%; address label not required for EnvyPak machinable poly envelope
Columbus, Ohio – EnvyPak received another new ruling from the United States Postal Service (USPS) that provides lower automation letter rates for a specially-formatted, polypropylene (poly) envelope that now does not require an affixed mailing label, can be sealed with glue applied by lettershops and is fully machine-insertable.
Using this specially-formatted, Automation Letter Rate (ALR) clear poly envelope can yield up to 54.6% savings in postage, savings traditionally only attainable with paper envelopes.
EnvyPak is the only clear plastic envelope that is machine insertable/sealable. It is also the only plastic envelope that qualifies for automation letter postage.
“Our latest USPS rulings drastically lower the overall cost to mail and fulfill EnvyPak clear envelopes. This opens doors for marketers large and small to mail a unique, high-impact clear envelope that drives response,” said Sean Bannon, Business Development Manager for EnvyPak.
“EnvyPak clear polypropylene (poly) envelopes are now fully automatable in every aspect. Clients can print the address and barcode directly on their insert to show through the clear envelope. They can be more creative with the insert and envelope design,” Bannon continued.
The company has worked over 10 years with the Pricing and Classification Division of the USPS to develop this clear envelope that meets their automation specifications. The July 2018 ruling is the most current in a series awarded during 2018.
A far cry from their stodgy paper counterparts, EnvyPak clear mailers present many interactive, creative possibilities. Clients can print envelopes with single to full-color graphics designed to “interact” with the inserted contents. The envelopes can be closed either using “peel and stick” tape or by a lettershop with hot melt glue. Special coatings, and custom shapes and sizes are also available.
“These elements all work together, resulting in high-impact, interactive direct mail that gets opened and can increase a small or large businesses’ return on marketing investment,” Bannon stated.
The new envelope postage ruling requirements include:
- Height between 4″ – 6″
- Length between 8″ – 10.5″
- EnvyPak smooth anti-reflective polypropylene required on address panel side
- Address and IMB (Intelligent Mail Barcode) can be printed on insert to show through the anti-reflective polypropylene
- 11/16″ paper strip pre-affixed to address panel side of EnvyPak
- Paper strip runs flush with bottom and along entire length of EnvyPak
- EnvyPak affixes inline as envelope is manufactured
- Maximum Clear gap of 0.2” (clear gap occurs when insert inside envelope shifts to the right inside of an envelope and it is possible to “see straight through” both sides of the envelope)
- Envelopes are curbside recyclable and made in Marysville, OH
EnvyPak clear plastic envelopes are in stock now for immediate orders. Custom sizes are available by request. Contact EnvyPak at 877.835.3052 for samples, quotes and information.