Product Spotlight: Self Adhesive Pockets
Would it surprise you to know that adhesives, in a primitive form, were first found in the Middle Stone Age? Evidence was discovered 200,000 years ago in Italy when two pieces of stone showed evidence of birch-bark tar that had bound them together. South Americans took it up a notch and developed the first two-part adhesive, made of plant gum and red ochre, to stick a 70,000-year-old stone segment together.
Think of all the products we take for granted today that need adhesives to work – bandages, wallpaper, stickers, stamps, floor tile.
And add this one to the list, too – self-stick clear adhesive pockets.
Add adhesives to a pocket …
Apply adhesive to a polypropylene pouch and you have a sticky super-organizer, the self-adhesive poly pocket. They’re simple, handy organizers for items that need a little more attention, such as labels, prices, business cards, and photos.
Peel and stick pockets make it easy to add information to point of purchase displays, storage bins, inventory, retail racks, and school file folders. In fact, pockets like these are used every day to add a disk or CD to a folder, a service card to a refrigerator, a pocket to a file folder, or an instruction manual to an appliance.
Durable, flexible, functional and reusable, clear adhesive pockets feature an array of shapes, sizes and can be made just about any way you specify.
Shown: Use 3″ x 5″ adhesive pockets for interchangeable labels or packing lists.
What are self-adhesive display pockets?
An adhesive is a substance that sticks two materials together. Self-adhesive pockets are often categorized by how they form that bond between materials (also referred to as substrates) and how securely they hold the two items together.
Use business card adhesive pockets to add a card to brochures, catalogs, and sales information.
This flexible and sticky adhesive forms a bond when it is pressed on to a material and when pressure is applied. It’s most commonly used for products such as stickers, product labels, household tape, and self-adhesive bandages.
Pressure-sensitive adhesives, also known as self-stick adhesive or self-adhesive, don’t need heat or a dissolvent like water to stick. Just make sure the surface you’re applying it to is clean and dry before you place and press.
How EnvyPak adhesive pockets are made
Now that you know a little about adhesives, let’s put that knowledge to use. Pair the sticky part with the clear polypropylene pocket and we have a durable peel and stick pockets that identify and protect important information.
These pockets are made with clear, 100% recyclable polypropylene that is archival-safe, meaning it won’t interact chemically with your contents and harm them.
Shown: 8 ½” x 11” adhesive pocket is used for office signage.
Clear EnvyPak adhesive pockets are outstandingly adaptable for all sorts of applications.
- Clear poly adhesive pockets safely store documents, photos, or other small items so they’re protected from moisture, dirt, and damage from the elements.
- EnvyPak uses a long-lasting, edge to edge adhesive backing on clear pockets that adheres almost anywhere you might need an extra pocket for storage.
You also have a choice of what level of adherence you need. Select a specialty adhesive that is easy to remove or a stronger adhesive that works on all surfaces.
Shown: EnvyPak side loading clear pockets provide easy access for labeling.
How to customize clear adhesive pockets
Here’s where the “made to order” magic comes in. Did you know there’s really a lot you can do with clear adhesive pockets? Think of them as your adhesive-backed document holders.
That’s because they come in so many shapes, sizes, and weights. You can include a flap or add color and optional decorative touches.
If you’re feeling creative and want your adhesive pocket to reflect your brand by making a colorful statement, here are a few options:
- You can select the size, shape, color, weight, durability, clarity, and functionality for your pockets.
- Need more than one pocket? Include multiple sleeves in one pocket
- Adhesives can be applied to the back of a pocket either as “peel-and-stick” or made as pressure-sensitive
- Print in full or spot color directly on the pocket
Click here to view EnvyPak adhesive pocket sizes
Bio-friendly adhesive pocket materials
EnvyPak self-adhesive poly pockets are durable, functional, and reusable.
Biodegradable poly is synthesized with EBD (enhanced bio decompositions) to create a minimally harmful polymer virtually indistinguishable in usage from standard polypropylene.
More ways to use self-adhesive pockets:
- Display product information in showrooms and manufacturing facilities
- Great for food and drink menus, recipe cards, photos
- CDs / DVDs – for books, usage instructions
- Larger pockets hold signs and packing lists
- Place on retail shelves and include price, product information, graphics & photos
- Add interest and information to specialty displays
- ID tags
- Add information to event programs – coupons, business cards
- Promotional event materials
- Labels, inventory tags, price tags
Many industries use EnvyPak self-adhesive pockets – education, manufacturing, medical, publishing, and libraries. They can be customized and used to bring attention to important information. They’re handy to use around the home and the office too. Durable, flexible, functional, and reusable, EnvyPak adhesive pockets come in an array of shapes, sizes and can be made just about the way you specify.