How To Reuse EnvyPak Clear Poly Envelopes
The above newspapers were both archived in 2009. One was stored in an archival-safe EnvyPak envelope and one was not. You can certainly tell which one received archival-safe protection!
It’s hard to imagine our lives without plastic. And it’s equally hard to imagine that we used to throw it away without a thought. Today, that’s all changed. Reusing, repurposing, and recycling are daily choices you can make every day that, over time, can make a big impact.
That’s why it’s important to know that If you have a used EnvyPak envelope (or mailing leftovers) there are many ways you can still use it.
Their archival quality makes them a storage and packaging super performer. That’s because they’re made from 100% polypropylene, an extremely strong, durable, and recyclable material that is commonly used for archiving and storage of documents and other items.
Even after they’ve been through the rigors of the mailing process, EnvyPak envelopes still have lots of life left in them.
Reusable EnvyPak polypropylene
As a matter of fact, Michele Cole, President of EnvyPak wants you to know, “The ‘Green’ strength of our 100% polypropylene material is its capacity for re-use, given its archival properties.” EnvyPak envelopes are manufactured using polypropylene – an extremely strong, durable, archival (acid-free) and common recyclable material.
- It is so inert and protective that it is frequently used for archiving, or when product re-use is needed to decrease material consumption and save energy.
- Designed with a reduction of materials and package re-use in mind, all EnvyPak products are 100% archival safe and store important material without damaging the contents.
- EnvyPak materials have undergone independent laboratory (PAT) Photographic Activity tests to confirm no harmful environmental reactions occur with their use.
Reusing EnvyPak clear poly envelopes at work
Perhaps the best reason for using EnvyPak clear envelopes for storage is because they are 100% clear on both sides. Think about what a time saver that can be! If you use a paper envelope for storage, odds are you’ll have to reopen it to remember exactly what you’ve put inside. Even if you label the outside of the envelope, after a few years you probably won’t remember what the “2007 Annual Report” actually looked like, so you’ll still have to open it to view the contents.
But not with a clear EnvyPak. Once something goes inside, you can clearly see the contents. When you have several items to review, this quick-view can come in handy.
View the collection of EnvyPak Resealable Tape Clear Envelopes here.
Here are a few more storage ideas for reusing EnvyPak envelopes:
- brochures, posters, postcards, newspapers, magazines
- events photos/awards/certificates; business training certificates/awards
- warehouse packing lists, rewards holders,
- brochure and literature holder, displays, retail signage,
- instruction manuals, job instructions
- trade show materials and display items
- artwork and ad agency creative work
- small desk items like paper clips, sticky note pads
- files for desk storage
Home and school storage
Used EnvyPak envelopes make archival storage solutions for posters, postcards, scrapbooking paper and embellishments, old advertisements, concert tickets, and the like.
Paper memorabilia storage: People collect all kinds of paper ephemera, and keeping it neatly organized is easier when you can slip them inside used EnvyPak envelopes. Ephemera items can include:
- cigar bands
- sheet music, concert, and art event brochures
- tickets of all types
- political paper – badges, fliers, scarves
- vintage wrapping paper – bits and pieces or sheets
- old photos, historical records, maps
- posters, book pages
- event programs
- museum brochures
- vintage greeting cards and postcards
- gift bags
- home improvement layouts and plans
- magazine clippings and articles
Storage for items at home: Used EnvyPak envelopes can provide a “new” package for collectibles and other items you use around the home, including:
- dolls, blankets, clothing
- baby’s first outfit and toy
- scrapbooking paper, rubber stamps, and ink pads; die-cut borders, embellishments, tools, pens
- vacation mementos – menus, brochures, photos, shells
- sewing materials: patterns, material swatches, yarns, threads
- family medical records
- marriage licenses, certificates
- financial documents
- insurance policies
Shown: EnvyPak envelope #13230 Clear Booklet Envelope
Shown: EnvyPak envelope #13153 Clear Presentation envelope
Tip: To make your archived item a keepsake, try writing down small stories and anecdotes about how you acquired it – such as where and when it was acquired and how much you paid and place that in the envelope, too.
Use EnvyPak clear envelopes at school:
- Storage for bulletin board art, numbers, borders
- Display and protect completed assignments and projects
- Classroom art projects and supplies – construction paper, markers
- Storage for worksheets grouped according to subject
- Workbooks, lesson plans
- Report cards
- Student records
- Sports and academic awards, brochures, photos
Shown: EnvyPak envelope # 13204 Clear Booklet Envelope
All of us can do a better job reusing and repurposing plastics. After all, reusing plastic is taking responsibility for your “plastic footprint,” and that’s something we can all feel proud about. After getting some ideas from this post, odds are you’ll find many more creative ways to reuse your EnvyPak clear poly envelopes.